Have you ever wondered: Should I Delete My Tweets? and How To Delete All Tweets (/Multiple) Just by One Click?
I can think of quite a few reasons that you may want to delete all tweets. Sometimes our Twitter account accumulates a lot of tweets. There are a lot of re-tweets of our posts in our account. Sometimes ten tweets of same posts exist in our accounts or simply we cross a large number of tweets, we might want to delete all twitter tweets.
Sometimes we use some automatic tools for re-tweeting our posts and within a short time there are thousands of tweets in our account. The number within days rises to ten thousand and more. The number looks good, but if a person goes about to see the tweets made, he is bound to see most of the same tweets. Does it look good? Not according to me! So is there a way to delete all our tweets at once?
Apparently “delete all tweets” is a fairly popular Google search term and tons of people wandered over to that entry. Twitter doesn’t provide an option to delete all tweets at once. Is there
an external application available for doing this?
1. Mass Delete Twitter Cleanup Utility – TweetDelete: delete all tweets just one click!
If you are looking to clean up a clogged up Twitter account, like the people asking questions above, this utility might be just what you are looking for (make sure you note the deletion caveats mentioned in those links though):
Announcing TweetDelete, the Twitter Mass Delete / Cleanup Utility that helps you mass-delete Outgoing Tweets, and Incoming and Outgoing DMs. Download TweetMassDelete here. No install required — just download and run.
There are two search mode:
- Search All Tweet:
- Search by between dates:
2. Delete My Tweetsdelete: delete all tweets with the click of a button (or two)… (This page is currently offline)
This site was built to help people with the specific problem of deleting their tweets quickly and easily. Login using Twitter Oauth, you can delete all tweets just click 1 or 2 click.
Delete All Tweets extremely easy!
3. Delete All My Tweets: is an app which does what it says on the tin. If you want to delete all tweets from your Twitter account simply sign in with Twitter, autorise the app, click to confirm and sit back as up to 1000 tweets are deleted in one go. If you need to delete more (delete all tweets) simply repeat the process. Users do so at their own risk – once tweets are deleted the process can't be undone.
TwitWipe is an application that allows us to delete all tweets in an account. Once you’ve started wiping tweets, you can stop the process in middle by clicking on the “STOP IT!” link.
- Visit TwitWipe Login page. Once login is verified, let the website do its biz and watch it wipe those tired old tweets away.
- In the right there is an option to grant access to TwitWipe application. Click on the link given there. Authenticate your account.
- After the second step, at the same place where the grant access to TwitWipe application link appeared,
there will now be a link named “Start Wiping”. Click on Start Wiping.
- It will now ask you to confirm your decision.There are two options “Yeah!” or “No!!” If you have decided to delete all tweets click on Yeah or if you don’t want to delete your tweets, you
can click on No and go back always!
- Word to the wise – don’t bother using if you are trying to work at the same time – as it continuously informs you via a pop-up warning box that it is still working, thus, it jumps that window to the front while you’re working. Also, due to Twitter limitations – it can only delete so many per hour (around 200 I think)… but still, better to use this and ‘wipe and forget’ than click delete… click delete… click delete.
- Once TwitWipe has deleted the tweets, they’re gone for good.
Please try the service at your own risk. We don’t guarantee or can help on any problems or technical issues arising due to TwitWipe!!!!!
5. TweetEraser is a simple web-based tool designed to help you filter and delete all tweets on an easy way. Some of its features are:
Filter your Tweets by searching inside your timeline:
- with text strings (one/more or exactly)
- with HASH tag’s (one/more or exactly)
- with date (earlier, since or between)
- User friendly select or deselect all results by one click
- Delete all tweets selected by one click
- Delete one single Tweet
6. TweetDelete: is a service for Twitter users. It allows you to automatically delete your Twitter posts that are older than a maximum age you specify.
This is a web based service that displays the tweets on a page in large groups and gives you the option to pick and mass select tweet
s. You login using OAuth, and select tweets that you want to delete.
If you want to delete all tweets, you need to
fill number of tweets that you want to display as illustrated above.
If you want to select mass tweets, you must use the Firefox browser and install the plugin is named CheckFox: This enables quick check/uncheck of checkboxes. To use, select area of page with checkbox(es), and then right-click. You should see Check and/or Uncheck depending on the clicked or unclicked state of the checkboxes. [You also can install Greasemonkey, and then install user scipt Checkbox Clicker (download here)].
If you want to delete all tweets, how long does it take?
If you’ve got a lot of tweets, this can take a real
ly long time. Add to that the Twitter API limitation (currently 150 per hour) which will allow for a maximum of 30,000 statuses to be deleted per hour. Sometime, it should take a little under an hour (for 1000+ tweets)!
1. DLTTR (iOS and Android)
DLTTR is a free mobile app available for both iOS and Android and allows you to bulk delete your tweets. It can delete the latest tweets by an hour, day, week, month, year or delete all tweets once. You can add multiple Twitter accounts to delete tweets and then select the filter to delete the tweets.
2. Tweeticide (iOS)
Tweeticide is a paid app which quickly, and securely delete all tweets from your existing Twitter account, allowing you to start over from scratch. Since Twitter displays only 3200 tweets and other tweets are not visible, this app can only delete these tweets.
The app costs $1.99 and you can set the number of tweets you want to delete.
Notice: Use these services to Delete All Tweets with your own risk!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter